Compatibility question?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Simin246, Sep 8, 2006.

1. Simin246

Simin246

Hi this may be a very obvious

I am in the process of buying a new PSU but am unsure if it is compatible with my current motherboard, the PSU is a X-Power 600 Watt Sli Pro and my motherboard is a Asus A8N32 SWLI Deluxe Motherboard
    I know that less powerful X-Power PSUs are ATX compatible but I can’t find any information on this product?

Thanks a lot for any help

Simin246, Sep 8, 2006
  2. Simin246

jedi_smf

PSU or UPS - Ultimate Power Supply?

If you want to buy a device that is to supply you with AC power when the power is out - it's easy - the question is - what do you intend to plug into this device besides your computer - if it is only your computer you should check your POWER SUPPLY wattage - in your case it looks like your UPS device is 600W wich should be enough - most PC's are with power supply within 500-600W. Perhaps if you want to plug also a Monitor or Printer/Scanner - you might need more powerfull UPS (or PSU) like 1000W.

If you are talking about CPU (Central Processing Unit - Processor) you should look into your motherboard socket compatibility ( it is usually 939pin or 754pin or 775pin or Socket A ...)

I will gladly help with advice if you put here some more info ..

Regards

Ivan

jedi_smf, Sep 8, 2006
Ask a Question