Complaint to California Consumer Affairs: Regarding Sony GRX600

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by dr news, Mar 23, 2006.

  1. dr news

    dr news Guest

    Complaint to California Consumer Affairs: Regarding Sony GRX600

    If we let people get away with it; we only have ourselves to blame. If you
    think it is unfair, then stand up for your rights. Here is my complaint to
    the California Department of Consumer Affairs regarding Sony Laptop GFX600
    mfg's defect

    California Department of Consumer Affairs
    1625 North Market Blvd., Suite N 112
    Sacramento, CA 95834
    (800) 952-5210 (https://app.dca.ca.gov/cru/gencomplaint.htm)

    Regarding:

    Business/Professional office that you wish to enter a complaint against

    Sony San Diego RRC
    16550 Viaesprillo
    San Diego, CA 92127

    Description of Complaint:

    I have a Sony Laptop; Model Number: PCG-GRX600 # A2224KPC; and have
    uncovered a defect in the LCD screen for this model. It fails quite often
    in the 2nd-4th year. Of 41 units surveyed, 39 had experienced this same
    problem: Video works to the external video port; but the LCD has no video,
    with no apparent physical damage or abuse.

    I believe this to be a manufacturing defect, and that according to state and
    federal laws, that the consumer has a right to expect reasonable operation
    on products that they purchase. Of the two units that did not currently
    have a LCD problem, one had already repaired it.

    I have surveyed other users who describe Sony as "keeping defects secret";
    refusing to acknowledge a widespread problem; and some who even called
    Sony's practice of deceit "shoddy."

    I request that you investigate Sony's tactics and repair history concerning
    this model. If your evidence supports that this is a widespread problem
    with the model GRX600, then I wish you to use the full measure of your
    judicial power to compel Sony to initiate a recall or refund the repair
    charges for replacement LCD screens where there was no physical damage to
    the screen.

    Please List Supporting Documentation:

    I have electronic evidence that this problem with this particular model is
    rampant. Sony declines that it is a problem; although 90% of the items that
    I have found, have the same problem. This is not statistically reasonable,
    and I believe violates the consumer's rights to buy products that are free
    from manufacturer's defects, or a reasonable expectation of operational.

    My name is xxxxxxxxx
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    And I can be reached at