    Can someone share step-by-step instructions on how to do this?

    Thanks.

    -- Ravi

    rwankar, Aug 1, 2003

  2. rwankar

    Walker Guest

    Try this Dell web page

    http://docs.us.dell.com/docs/systems/pcpxhj/en/index.htm

    I have a Dell Inspiron 5000e and the Dell site has complete
    disassembly instructions. Hopefully this page will lead you to what
    you need.

    I checked again. the PDF file 64ptn_en.pdf has complete instructions.
    Page 14 is for removal of keyboard. Its a 7.4 meg file.

    Its on this page

    http://docs.us.dell.com/docs/systems/pcpxhj/en/index.htm#printed_documentation

    download the service manual.

    William

    Walker, Aug 2, 2003

  3. rwankar

    rwankar Guest

    Thanks for the info. I've already taken the keyboard out of the
    laptop. However I still can't get to the contacts under the keys. The
    base has really small screws which I removed. That unlocked the bottom
    plate. But there is still more to it. Now I can't see any more screws
    and don't want to experiment with my limited knowledge.

    Do you know how to get past this?

    Thanks
    -- Ravi.

    rwankar, Aug 3, 2003
  4. rwankar

    timeaxis

    Joined:
    Apr 5, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Heres the PDF service manual... its on Dell's website previous links are out of date

    i cant provide a link yet
    because this website requires 10 posts without links first... sorry

    its on dells website tho.

    insert an h t t p : / / in front of the below line

    docs.us.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/pcpxhj/sm/64ptn_en.pdf

    timeaxis, Apr 5, 2012