comprehensive tech article on Gamecube Graphics, a key to understanding Wii Graphics ?

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Gamecube Tech, May 28, 2006.

  1. Before we get to see what the Nintendo Wii is capable of in terms of
    graphics, (we've seen nothing so far, of the ATI 'Hollywood' GPU as
    far as I am aware) we might as well understand the way Gamecube
    graphics work as best as possible -- including the shader capabilities
    of the TEV unit that is within the ArtX-designed, ATI-labled 'Flipper'
    GPU in Gamecube.

    an OLD article, but one that seems very comprehensive on the subject:

    http://www.gamasutra.com/features/20021002/sauer_01.htm

    I've already registered for you

    email: gamecubetech @ gmail.com

    password: b8b515ee

    It'll be interesting to see what ATI has done to improve the shader and
    other graphics capabilities with the 'Hollywood' GPU in Wii.

    Gamecube Tech, May 28, 2006

  2. No, it won't. If you want to go dribbling over theoretical tolerances
    and meaningless stats, then please be my guest. Just keep it to
    yourself.

    Choobs

    --
    Sir Chewbury Gubbins <>
    "Streaming through the starlit sky, travelling by telephone" - Syd Barret 1967

    http://www.nelefa.org - Game Diary, Fiction, and Ramblings
    ~
    ~
    ~
    ~
    ~
    :wq

    Sir Chewbury Gubbins, May 29, 2006

  3. Gamecube Tech

    AirRaid Guest

    Yes, it will. for those interested in the subject. just because YOU
    don't care, means nothing for others. if you are SO disinterested, why
    even bother replying?

    crawl off, back under your bridge, Choobs.

    AirRaid, May 30, 2006
  4. Gamecube Tech

    gameworld8 Guest

    gameworld8, Jun 1, 2006