Computer backup

Discussion in 'Gateway' started by Frank, Mar 28, 2012.

  1. Frank

    Frank Guest

    Frank, Mar 28, 2012

  2. Frank

    BillW50 Guest

    Hi Frank! No I haven't used it, but my Samsung Story external hard
    drives came with a one click backup program. That program itself is huge
    (1GB, no typo!). And frankly I don't like it at all.

    I would buy a second drive and clone it with something like the free
    XXClone. Make sure the cloned drive will fit into the same spot as your
    main drive. That way you can pop in the clone at any time you need it.

    Most of my laptops only have one drive (my Alienware laptops have two).
    And I would just buy one of those cheap USB to whatever kind of
    interface drive your main drive is. As this works for any kind of
    computer. You may have other and better options depending on your
    computer.

    BillW50, Mar 30, 2012

  3. Frank

    Frank Guest

    Thanks, Bill.
    I'm not looking for drive to replace if needed as I figure maybe new
    computer in a year or two. The price range for a good backup looks to
    be same price I would want from Carbonite per year.

    Frank

    Frank, Mar 31, 2012