Computer chess match in Israel

Discussion in 'Intel' started by Yousuf Khan, Jul 11, 2004.

  1. Yousuf Khan

    Yousuf Khan Guest

    Intel is sponsoring a computer chess match in an Israeli university.

    http://www.cs.biu.ac.il/games/

    Funny thing is there seems to be far more AMD64 machines being fielded than
    Intel ones:

    http://www.cs.biu.ac.il/games/participants.html

    Program Author Book Country Harware
    1 Shredder Stefan Meyer-Kahlen Sandro Necchi Germany Transtec 4x AMD Opteron
    2.0 GHz
    2 Fritz Frans Morsch Alexander Kure Netherlands Transtec 4x AMD Opteron 2.0
    Ghz
    3 Junior Amir Ban & Shay Bushinsky Boris Alterman Israel Proliant HP 4 proc
    2.2 GHz
    4 Diep Vincent Diepeveen Arturo Ochoa Netherlands Opteron 4x2.0 Ghz
    5 IsiChess Gerd Isenberg Own book Germany AMD 64 3400+
    6 ParSOS Rudolf Huber Own book Germany AMD 64 3200+
    7 Falcon Omid David Tabibi Eros Riccio Israel AMD 64 3200+
    8 Crafty Robert Hyatt Peter Berger USA 4x AMD Opteron 2.4 Ghz
    9 Deep Sjeng Gian-Carlo Pascutto Carlos Pesce Belgium AMD 64 3400+
    10 Jonny Johannes Zwanzger Own book Germany First P4 2.8Ghz, then AMD 64
    3200+
    11 The Crazy Bishop Remi Coulom Own book France P4 2.8 GHz
    12 Woodpusher 1997 John Hemlen Own book UK P4 2.8 GHz
    13 Movei Uri Blass Own book Israel P4 2.8 GHz
    14 FIBChess Guillermo Baches Garcia No book Spain P4 2.8 GHz

    Yousuf Khan

    Yousuf Khan, Jul 11, 2004

  2. Yousuf Khan

    Ed Guest

    Probably cause they do a better job, smart people make smart choices. ;p
    Ed

    Ed, Jul 11, 2004

  3. Yousuf Khan

    Keith Guest

    ....and by sponsoring the event is the only way Intel *buy* a mention? ;-)

    Keith, Jul 12, 2004
  4. Not so funny when you look at the current standings... all the Intel
    machines seem to be at the bottom of the pack. Ignoring the multi-proc
    setups, all the A64 are ahead of the P4 2.8Ghz. One guy even decided
    to switch from Intel to A64 midway and that let him pull one ahead of
    the rest of the P4! :ppPP

    The little lost angel, Jul 12, 2004
  5. Yousuf Khan

    RusH Guest

    a?n?g?e? (The little lost angel) wrote
    :
    well, the Fritz team lost because their Transtec 4x AMD Opteron 2.0 Ghz
    BOX took a nap :)

    Pozdrawiam.

    RusH, Jul 14, 2004