Computer does not boot - Memory Refresh Failure or ???

Discussion in 'Motherboards' started by Francoise Frigola, Aug 22, 2008.

  1. Computer does not boot (HP/Compaq D220 MT/ Windows XP – SP2)
    Disconnected everything except mouse, keyboard, and monitor
    Computer cycles: HP logo, Windows XP logo, shuts down, HP logo, etc.
    AMIBIOS v.1.09, released 11/14/2003
    One beep: AMIBIOS says it is a Memory Refresh Failure
    Motherboard: 335186-001
    - Purchased a new RAM module from Crucial
    Original was 256 MB, new is 512 MB, BIOS recognizes either and
    both
    - Cannot boot from diskette
    - Tested with two different sets of keyboard/mouse/monitor
    - I have reset the BIOS
    - RTC is OK
    - BIOS Utility does not offer any diagnostic
    - I have cleaned up the memory slots with air and a brush

    How can I further diagnose the problem?
    Suggestions welcome...

    THANKS!

    Franou

    Francoise Frigola, Aug 22, 2008

  2. Francoise Frigola

    ShadowTek Guest

    Are you saying that you tried to boot from dikette and it failed? Or that
    you just don't have a floppy on that PC?

    ShadowTek, Aug 22, 2008

  3. It fails!

    It find the diskette, but just reboots again.

    Franou

    Francoise Frigola, Aug 22, 2008
  4. PS: I even made a new Bootup diskette in case the one I had was not
    good.

    Francoise Frigola, Aug 22, 2008