    problem or is it a hardware issue?

    Thanks,
    Greg

    macman, Feb 29, 2008

  2. macman

    Király Guest

    It's likely a hardware issue. Have you tried cleaning the lens?

    Király, Feb 29, 2008

  3. macman

    paintedjazz Guest

    On a similar issue with an iMac G4, how does one clean the lens?
    Thanks.

    paintedjazz, Feb 29, 2008
  4. macman

    macman Guest

    Hey all, thanks for the help! I ended up trying multiple things:
    Put bad drive with known good ATA cable from computer and it didn't
    work - got rid of suspicion of bad cable
    Put known good drive and good ATA cable and the drive worked - got rid
    of logic board issue suspicion

    So now Apple will replace the drive, yay AppleCare!

    Thanks again everyone!
    - Greg

    macman, Mar 2, 2008
  5. macman

    Király Guest

    Lens cleaning kit. $10 from your local radio shack. It's a CD with a
    pair of brushes underneath.

    Király, Mar 2, 2008