Computer/parts retrieval service.

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Skybuck Flying, Jul 5, 2007.

  1. Hi,

    It's possible to order a pc online.

    It's possible to get it delivered at home.

    But when it breaks the user must return it himself to the reseller.

    Thus the user has to drive to the reseller or go to the postal office and
    pack it up etc.

    Maybe the reverse would be possible as well.

    At the website you tell them what you need to transport back to the
    reseller, the dimensions etc.

    The delivery dude comes by with boxes.

    You place the stuff in the boxes.

    And he takes it back and returns it to the reseller.

    Good idea ?

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Jul 5, 2007

  2. Skybuck Flying

    johns Guest

    Good idea ?

    No. More better is to buy from a reputable source
    who provides on-site warranty support.

    johns

    johns, Jul 5, 2007

  3. Hmm.

    The reseller and the manufacturer first have to inspect the computer/parts
    to see if the user did not violate the warranty...

    Also many different equipment/tools might be necessary to test the parts to
    see if they really dead... this might also take very long.

    So on-site warranty support might not be practical ?

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Jul 5, 2007
  4. Skybuck Flying

    SteveH Guest

    Good idea!

    I'll order an undertaker to pop round with a box for you. Can you arrange to
    be ready for him please.

    SteveH

    SteveH, Jul 5, 2007
  5. LOL good one.

    Where will I be returned to ? :)

    Will they take care of my soul as well ?

    Shall I go to heaven, hell or some alien respawn place ? ;)

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Jul 5, 2007
  6. Skybuck Flying

    SteveH Guest

    I somehow doubt there is anywhere, on any plane of existence where you
    wouldn't irritate the living **** out of someone.

    SteveH

    SteveH, Jul 6, 2007
  7. What have you done this time?

    Best Wishes
    Thomas

    Thomas Andersson, Jul 6, 2007
  8. Skybuck Flying

    John Lewis Guest

    I have been building PCs for myself, family and friends for the past
    eight years. Apart from a few hard-disk failures ( IBM Deathstar) none
    have broken. Lucky? Or careful and generally excellent choices of
    component vendors for the PC core and peripherals ?

    So, take a good course in PC building, research the components
    carefully and the question becomes totally academic. Flybucks Skying,
    are to up to the challenge ?

    Do something useful along these lines and stop uselessly wasting your
    time trolling these newsgroups with your dumb questioins and
    suggestions.

    John Lewis

    John Lewis, Jul 6, 2007
  9. Nonsense.

    Many people have broken components.

    Stop wasting your time :)

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Jul 6, 2007
  10. I'll take that as a complement =D

    Maybe I should rename myself to SkyBUG.

    Being a pain in the ass seems what I am good at =D

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Jul 6, 2007
  11. Skybuck Flying

    Maus Guest

    dude,
    it is called 'pick up and return' and it does exist...
    LG has it for example for their LCD-tv (some)
    Dell also for some comp's (depends on the warranty)

    Maus

    Maus, Jul 6, 2007
  12. Ok,

    Very nice.

    Now I hope dutch webstores implement it as well =D

    That would save me a hell lot of time and trouble ;) :)

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Jul 6, 2007
  13. Skybuck Flying