    XP

    ....on shutdown (from start button, or by hitting power button) the
    computer restarts instead of powering off... any suggestions??

    ray, Oct 21, 2003

  2. ray

    tarl smith Guest

    Try to enable apm in power properties:

    right click desktop > click properties > click screen saver tab >
    click power properties > click apm tab > check box

    if the box is already checked see my page

    http://www.geocities.com/winxpprobs/shutdown/shutdown.htm

    this will guide you on how to fix it, sorry but it will probably
    involve a reinstall!

    Tarl

    tarl smith, Oct 22, 2003