    board turns on (red & green) but the power button dont work. The front
    panel is plugged into jp13 which is right next to the SATA. I have no
    idea what is wrong..HELP! Thanks

    Chanh, Sep 22, 2003

  2. Chanh

    ranchhand Guest

    You didn't exactly say if the board powered up okay but the power
    button doesn't work, or if the board doesn't power up at all.

    Take a screwdriver and short the two pins on the power socket on the
    board itself (where the plug from the power switch attaches); if the
    unit powers up, fans start and it posts, your power switch on the case
    is bad or mis-connected. If you short the pins and the board still
    doesn't power up, you have a bad board, or a bad CPU (doubtful).

    ranchhand, Sep 22, 2003