    * TagZilla 0.066-bw2
    * http://tagzilla.mozdev.orgrom doesn't work... meaning i can't install
    new drivers for the new motherboard

    Nathan Bean, Feb 16, 2008

  2. Nathan Bean

    Paul Guest

    There is a KB article here, but I don't know if this applies to
    you or not.

    "Err Msg: While Initializing Device CONFIGMG: Windows..."
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/187612

    If you connect a new, empty hard drive, and install Windows
    on that, does everything work then ? Leave the other disk
    disconnected, until you are finished installing. That will
    help prove that everything works.

    Paul

    Paul, Feb 16, 2008

  3. Nathan Bean

    Nathan Bean Guest

    well unfortunately i was installing a new motherboard and re-using the
    hard drives... was hoping not to have to re-install my OS... but nothing
    i tried from the MS article worked...

    fresh Win98SE install... now hunting drivers...

    enough for tonight though...

    thanks

    Nathan Bean, Feb 17, 2008
  4. Nathan Bean

    Nathan Bean Guest

    well yesterday the gods smiled upon me... i wiped the hardrive and
    replace the Win98SE install... then deleted IE with IEradicator...

    i found drivers for the sound card and the display... now the computer
    is able to support up to 1600x1200 resolution... tho not on my current
    monitor... hey i needed to go shopping anyhow

    !~)

    the sound is back... but is crackly... i don't really need sound on that
    computer...

    in my device manager there are two remaining yellow ? marks

    PCI System Management Bus
    PCI Universal Serial Bus

    the computer works as is... for my needs... although it'd be helpful to
    get the USB working...

    --
    The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge
    faster than society gathers wisdom.

    * TagZilla 0.066-bw2
    * http://tagzilla.mozdev.org

    Nathan Bean, Feb 18, 2008