    Is there also a shortcut (or a little program that does it) to change
    language of writing quickly??

    Thanks

    andrea, Oct 3, 2008

  2. andrea

    Simon Slavin Guest

    Start up TextEdit.
    From the 'Edit' menu
    select 'Spelling and Grammar',
    then 'Show Spelling and Grammar'.

    You can leave this dialog open while you're typing.
    You can change the language in the popup at the bottom of the window.

    Simon.

    Simon Slavin, Oct 5, 2008

  3. andrea

    andrea Guest

    This is not a real shortcut, in plus I want to change it even in the
    same document, and with all the programs..

    I just want to find which variable to set and then with applescript or
    whatever else I could make the trick...

    In plus how is possible to insert easily all the "strange" characters
    present in other languages, for example in german or in french easily
    without doing an insert symbol each time??

    andrea, Oct 9, 2008
  4. andrea

    Wes Groleau Guest

    I didn't find it hard to learn the Alt keys for French and Spanish.
    But I didn't like having to use two keys to do an accent mark.
    I also didn't like having to do the accent mark before the letter, since
    I have decades of habit of _writing_ them in the opposite order.

    So I wrote a keyboard layout file that uses the keys on the numeric
    keypad for diacritics. This gives me all the diacritics I need
    for French, Spanish, Portuguese, and pinyin.

    Wes Groleau, Oct 10, 2008
  5. andrea

    andrea Guest

    Uhm keyboard layout file, interesting, how??

    andrea, Oct 10, 2008
  6. andrea

    Wes Groleau Guest

    Wes Groleau, Oct 11, 2008