    this newsgroup I have seen people talking about cutting the L3 and L5
    bridges. Do I need to do both or just the latter?

    TIA,

    Jason, Sep 20, 2003

  2. Jason

    PRIVATE1964 Guest

    If you are using a motherboard that will let you change the multipliers. All
    you need to do is unluck the multipliers with the L1 bridges.
    On my old motherboard It didn't let me change the multipliers so if I wanted a
    different one. I had to cut, and connect different bridges for the mulitplier I
    wanted to use. Using the L1 bridges wouldn't make a difference.
    Now I am using an Nforce2 motherboard that can change the multipliers, but I
    had to connect the L1 bridges in order for it to work.
    My Athlon is a Palomino which the Nforce2 boards can't unluck, but it can
    change the multipliers after it is unlocked.The Nforce2 motherboard can't
    unluck the Palomino's but if I'm not mistaken it can unlock just about all the
    TBred cpu's so you don't have to do anything to it to change the multipliers.

    PRIVATE1964, Sep 22, 2003

  3. if your processor is the thoroubred or barton core, then you can use what is
    called a "speed strip" available here...

    http://www.plycon.com/hw/speedstrip.htm

    multipliers.

    Daniel L. Belton, Sep 22, 2003