    and i am not sure about the bios settings. whats best? I have tried
    the following:

    12.5x 18 at 266 fsb (default)

    Toeknee, May 28, 2004

  2. Toeknee

    BUFF Guest

    PC3700 is 233fsb (but dual data rate so= 466fsb)
    your cpu 333fsb is actually 166fsbx2

    If you set external clock to 266 (not default for either your CPU or RAM)
    you were actually trying to run 533 so it probably didn't work ; )
    Best to get it running default to start with & thereafter if you want to try
    overclocking you can tweak.
    default for an XP2800 Barton core is multiplier of 12.5 (if it's a
    Thoroughbred core 13.5) so set
    external clock 166
    multiplier factor 12.5
    fsb/dram ratio 6/6 (you get best overall performance using a 1:1 ratio even
    if that means your RAM is running slower than rated speed)

    & cpu interface enabled

    BUFF, May 28, 2004

  3. Toeknee

    Wes Newell Guest

    Forget the bogus numbers and it will become clear. See The Real FSB in
    link below. PC3700 ram = 233Mhz bus (NOT FSB), the 2800+ uses a 166MHz
    FSB, not 333MHz. So, in this case I'd say 11x200 for the cpu, and set the
    ram at 200MHz also. If the cpu is a Barton 2800+, that will make it a
    3200+.

    Wes Newell, May 28, 2004
  4. Toeknee

    Toeknee Guest

    Thanks..gonna benchmark after changes..will post results...

    Toeknee, Jun 1, 2004