    One power supply output is 12v 3A, the other is 12v 2A. If I get it wrong &
    connect the 3A supply to the 2A device, & 2A supply to the 3A device, what
    will happen?

    The Doctor, Dec 11, 2008

  2. The Doctor

    Mike Walsh Guest

    If you connect the 2A power supply to the 3A device it probably won't supply enough current to run the motor, and the power supply might heat up quickly. If you connect the 3A power supply to the 2A device it will work but the voltage might be slightly higher than normal because of the typical poor voltage regulation of power supplies. In either case there should be no damage to the devices.

    Mike Walsh, Dec 11, 2008