1. This forum section is a read-only archive which contains old newsgroup posts. If you wish to post a query, please do so in one of our main forum sections (here). This way you will get a faster, better response from the members on Motherboard Point.


Discussion in 'Laptops' started by gram, Mar 29, 2009.

  1. gram

    gram Guest

    hi... this is a confusing question.....i have a german acer 9920g....i
    have installed english vista ultimate and set keyboard to english
    layout....i have purchased a keyboard sticker set to swop the letters
    on the keys that are different....alls fine but i cant find how to
    type the @......any ideas.....thanks for any help......also can i
    change the keyboard layout back to german while running english
    vista....if so how....thanks
    gram, Mar 29, 2009
    1. Advertisements

  2. gram

    BillW50 Guest

    gram typed:
    BillW50, Mar 29, 2009
    1. Advertisements

  3. gram

    Gerard Bok Guest

    That's not a smart move :)
    As for the german part, that's totally up to you. But unless you
    are very british, you are unlikely to want english for your
    keyboard layout.

    I would suggest: set the keyboard to US (or US International if
    you want to use the 'dead key' feature.)
    If you select US for keyboard, it's above the 2.
    If you insist on the UK layout, it't shift-comma.
    Gerard Bok, Mar 29, 2009
  4. gram

    grampage Guest

    THANKS FOR FAST AWNSERS...i have found the @ but now i cant find the
    £.......if i change to us will i have a £.....where would it
    grampage, Mar 29, 2009
  5. [...]
    You won't find the pound sign on the US keybord, try the UK one.
    In the US keyboard the dollar sign is the shift-4 key.
    Rich Greenberg, Mar 29, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.