connecting intel standard 10 pin audio connector to P41875P Dragon 2 V1.0

Discussion in 'Soyo' started by Raj Manohar, Nov 18, 2004.

  1. Raj Manohar

    Raj Manohar Guest

    I am new to building a computer on my one and have a question in
    connecting the
    front panel audio connector from an Antec Sonata case to the J30 (MIC
    & Led connector) on the Soyo P41875P mobo.

    The pin outs from Antec seems to be a intel 10 pin connector which
    does not match exactly with the mobo J30 connector. Is this the right
    connector ?

    On Antec, I guess I can connect the FPOUT-L to Pin 1 on mobo (Out_L)
    and FPOUT-R to pin 3 (Out_R), pretty obvious so far.

    Questions are

    1) Which ground pin on J30 to be used to connect to a single gnd
    connection to the front panel on antec

    2) MIC-BIAS connector on Antec to be connected to MIC-BIAS on mobo,
    but i don't see a MIC-BIAS on soyo. Where should be this connected ?
    From what i have read so far, MIC-BIAS is to power passive mic and I
    am guessing the MIC-BIAS from Antec should be connected to pin 8 on
    mobo (3.3V VSB). This is just guessing, and would appreciate any help?

    Thanks

    Raj Manohar, Nov 18, 2004