Connection issues with modem on HP NX9030 under Win7

Discussion in 'HP' started by Andrey Grigorev, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Hello @all,

here is my problem: I have an old laptop HP NX9030. I installed Win8 HomePremium and try to use the modem. I noticed the following: the modem works perfectly, when the laptop is working on battery power. As soon as I plug in a power cord, the connection gets closed (although the network settings like IP address and DNS/Gateway stay there) or I cannot establish a new connection.

I checked modem logs in both cases and noticed the following: in the case of operation on a power socket the call command gets a response "NO CARRIER"(and in the case of battery operation it starts to establish a connection).. I couldn't find any explanation of this behaviour, so I decided to ask a community here.

Here are some basical information about my system:
    HP NX9030 with 1 GB of RAM
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    Modem recognized by Windows as SoftV90 data fax modem with smart CP (by Conexant)

To bw honest, I suppose, there is a bug in the driver, but I must find a solution for it. I would appreciate any hint!

Cheers,
    Andrey.

Andrey Grigorev, Mar 30, 2014
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question