    In a way, the mSATA connector is an ordinary 0.8mm pitch card edge connector.
    I cannot imagine that in the era of mobile phones, compact cameras, etc. there is no way to contact a mSATA disk with space that corresponds to the mSATA dimensions.

    Andreas

    acd, Dec 13, 2013

  2. Is it an option to cut a hole in your PCB and run the mSATA PCB next to the
    motherboard not overlapping it? An edge-soldered connector would be 3mm
    above your board, perhaps 1.6mm for your board, and 1.6mm below. Many
    laptops etc don't run the motherboard PCB underneath the mSATA area for this
    reason.

    Theo

    Theo Markettos, Dec 13, 2013