Continous Beeping on startup

Discussion in 'Asus' started by kaiser, Dec 4, 2005.

  1. kaiser

    kaiser Guest

    My flatmate just built a computer. I was helping him since I have
    built one before. He has a AMD Athalon 64 3700 ClawHammer Core socket
    754, two 512 DDR400 PC3200, K8 Triton Gigabyte technology motherboard,
    nVidia 6600, 300gb Seagate 7200rpm, DVD-R

    However, when we go to turn it on the monitor light turns green (so it
    is receiving something) but it is just a blank screen. The computer
    itself just has long beeps continously. I tried putting a jumper on
    the CMOS to reset it and when I start it with the jumper there is no
    beeping and still no picture on the monitor.

    The trouble shooting in the motherboard book said that continous
    beeping is DRAM error. I switched out the Memory for my memory (which
    works) but didn't change anything. Then I unplugged everything besided
    the mother board, cpu heatsink, system fan and memory and still no
    change in beeping.

    Any suggestions?

    kaiser, Dec 4, 2005

  2. kaiser

    Venom Guest

    It's yer video card.

    Venom, Dec 5, 2005

  3. kaiser

    kaiser Guest

    thanks...it actually turned out that a pin on his processor was bent.
    They bent is back and it works fine now.

    kaiser, Jan 1, 2006