    master card. The effect of fan speed on cooling is quite dramatic, too.
    After half an hour in Oblivion, the master card is at 76 C and the slave
    card is at 91 C.

    First of One, Jan 2, 2007

  2. First of One

    Carl Guest

    I put 2 acceleros onto mw crossfire setup. quiet, but they are ineffective,
    they overheat after a bit of gaming, so i removed them and put on a
    thermaltake watercooling device, same as the sapphire toxic cooler, its not
    quiet, but is a lot quieter than the standard fans

    Carl, Jan 2, 2007

  3. First of One

    First of One Guest

    The Acceleros won't be effective if you just slap them on and rely on the
    driver default ramp schedule, because the schedule is based on temperature,
    creating a vicious cycle - if the cooler cools the card better, the driver
    drops the fan speed. I saw this through the OSD function in ATi Tray Tools
    in the middle of a game - the fan is throttled to 36% while the GPU cooks at
    80C.

    Interestingly, while ATiTool allows the two cards to be overclocked
    independently, it has fan speed control for only the master card. If I can't
    find a proper software utility, I'll just run the fans directly off the PSU
    with a couple of 3-to-4-pin adapters.

    All the performance and noise benefits of a watercooling system come from
    the ability to mount the radiator and fan at a remote location, allowing for
    a bigger radiator and a bigger fan. The Thermaltake device doesn't appear
    very useful, since the radiator size is about the same size as the stock
    heat sink. Besides, how did you manage to cram two of those things in your
    case? Do you use onboard sound?

    First of One, Jan 2, 2007