    would like to know whether there is any equation for troque.(connecting
    current/voltage with torque)

    ThankYou

    bg, Apr 22, 2005

  2. [F'up2 c.a.e --- this would be even *more* off-topic in the
    electronics newsgroup, I think.]

    230 V at 0.24 A is 55 VA, or, assuming a cos(\phi) of 1 for the
    moment, 55 Watt. That doesn't quite figure with your HP figure, I
    think --- it's off by one order of magnitude. Should this beast
    really have a phase angle of acos(0.1)==84 degrees?
    Torque times angular velocity, just like force times linear velocity,
    equals power. So:

    M = P / \omega
    = P / (2*\pi*f)

    Using the 1/150 HP (or roughly 5 Watt), that gives us a torque of
    0.013 Nm. Using the 55 VA, you get 0.146 Nm. I'll leave it to the
    metrically challenged to convert that into strange units ;-)

    Hans-Bernhard Broeker, Apr 22, 2005

  3. bg

    john jardine Guest

    For shaded pole motors "speed control" by means of ac voltage, is a bit of a
    non starter but ... must admit to doing one for a customer last week :).
    Similar 55Watt shaded pole as yours (European 230Vac though) and attached to
    a small ducted fan.
    Motor sits there and buzzes at 10% voltage. Two fingers can hold the shaft
    up to 50% voltage. Beyond that and upto 100% voltage, a passing resemblance
    to speed control.
    Would estimate something like a square law response. Eg, halve the voltage
    and torque drops four times. (actually slighly better than this, say T
    proportional to V^1.6).

    Conversation with customer goes sort of ...
    Me. Ye canna break the laws of physics.
    Them. But the one you did for the big fan works well.
    Me. Yes but that was technically crap and I explained this at the time.
    Them. Never mind the physics, just give us a quote.

    When will customers ever learn that BumbleBees are incapable of flying?.
    regards
    john

    john jardine, Apr 23, 2005