Convert digital LCD signal to RGB signal for CRT display

Discussion in 'Embedded' started by John Tan, Jan 9, 2004.

  1. John Tan

    John Tan Guest

    Hi,

    I'm working on using Intel PXA255 to have simultaneous LCD panel & CRT
    display capability.

    How do we convert the digital LCD signals to the analog RGB for CRT
    display. Namely from the PXA255 LCD controller outputs are:

    L_FCLK : Frame clock
    L_BIAS : AC Bias / data enable
    L_LCLK : Line clock
    L_PCLK : Pixel clock
    L_DD[15:0] : pixel_data

    There are dedicated EPSON graphics controller such as SD13860 that is
    abled for simultaneous LCD & CRT output, but cost is a factor, so i
    need to explore more ingenius methods.

    how can the HSync, VSync, R, G, B signals be derived.

    For the RGB signals, this is my concept on going about it. Suppose it
    is in 16-bit in 565 format.

    RED -- (L_DD[15:11])
    GREEN -- (LDD[10:5])
    BLUE -- (L_DD[4:0])

    1. Use 8-bit (256-levels) to convert to its analog equivalent for the
    3 signals. But who to synchronise with the HSync & VSync signals that
    are to be extracted from the digital clocks.

    For HSync & VSync, how do we correlate with the Line Clock, Frame
    Clock & Pixel clock ?

    SOme hints would be appreciated. Thanks All.

    Regards,

    John Tan, Jan 9, 2004

  2. John Tan

    ZO Guest