    2. Where can i check for the code space i use after i compiler.

    Appreciated that if some one can help me up.

    MK LYE

    mklye, Feb 17, 2006

  2. mklye

    cbarn24050 Guest

    You should be able to set the linker to output intel hex. Look at the
    list files or map files to see how your program uses memory.

    cbarn24050, Feb 17, 2006

  3. Look on http://www.sourceforge.net for a package called srecord.
    If you get a binary output file, then the size of the file should be
    the code space used.

    Regards
    Anton Erasmus

    Anton Erasmus, Feb 17, 2006
  4. mklye

    Tim Wescott Guest

    I haven't used the MSP 430 tool chain, but both of these things are what
    I consider essential features; I don't think TI would be able to
    withstand the customer pressure if they thought they could get away
    without them.

    1. RTFM. I would be surprised if there isn't either a linker option to
    get hex directly, or a tool that converts the binary to hex.

    2. You want a "map" file. Most tool chains that I have used produce
    this as (your file name).map, but some need to be told that it is
    desired. Once again, RTFM.

    --

    Tim Wescott
    Wescott Design Services