Converting USB HID generic device to HID keyboard

Discussion in 'Embedded' started by JY Kim, Jan 11, 2008.

  1. JY Kim

    JY Kim Guest

    Hello.

    I am working with device with HID keyboard feature but not exactly
    keyboard.
    First I have implemented USB keyboard functionality with sample code
    supplied by MCU vender(ATMEL) but speed was too slow.
    There was also generic USB HID device sample code so I have tried to
    use it but I couldn't convert it to HID keyboard.
    I comrad said that only some descriptor modification will change it so
    I tried but I couldn't.
    Is it true that only descriptor change can do this or should I modify
    some other parts?
    descriptor I have changed is product id, interface subclass, interface
    protocol, number of endpoint etc..
    I have examined descriptor of ready-made product by USB monitor
    program.
    I know little about USB and I don't have time to look into USB
    protocol.
    Please answer.

    Thanks.

    JY Kim, Jan 11, 2008

  2. JY Kim

    Eric Smith Guest

    Too slow for what? Do you mean that there is a human-perceptible
    delay? That would be quite surprising.

    Or are you trying to use the HID class for something that isn't actually
    operated by a human?

    Eric Smith, Jan 11, 2008

  3. JY Kim

    Andy Peters Guest

    If you don't have time to learn about the technology you're using, we
    don't have the time to answer your questions.

    -a

    Andy Peters, Jan 12, 2008