Converting XP Professionnal to Tablet Edition

Discussion in 'Tablet PC' started by Daniel Leger, Mar 6, 2008.

  1. Daniel Leger

    Daniel Leger Guest

    Good afternoon,

    I have a Toshiba M200 which initially had the XP Tablet Edition 2005
    installed and has the OEM sticker on the bottom. I bought the computer second
    hand and didn't have the recovery disks and I checked with the manufacturer
    and they didn't respond to me. I needed to do a clean install to get it ready
    for work so I used a copy of Windows XP Professionnal and I couldn't use the
    key from the computer as it wasn't allowed and now I only have an Authorized
    Version of XP Pro. I have an image from a second CD that has the tablet
    folder on it. Is there any way to convert the XP professional to Tablet
    Edition, or can I get a CD from microsoft with a valid computer key to get it
    to work.

    I am going on my 3rd day of trying to get it to work and would like a fix.

    Thanks,
    Daniel

    Daniel Leger, Mar 6, 2008

  2. Daniel Leger

    Chris H Guest

    No, you need to contact the support section for Toshiba and ask to purchase
    a new set of discs from them. Call the toll-free number, and you can ask to
    speak with a supervisor. I don't understand the "don't respond" portion of
    what you're saying because you get a live person when you call.

    You need the proper OEM media to restore the Toshiba M200. You have no
    other source because it is not available retail.
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

    Chris H, Mar 6, 2008

  3. Daniel Leger

    Sir André Guest

    Hey Daniel,

    If you can get a hold of one of the Vista Premium upgrades (includes tablet
    features such as ultimate, business), that might be an option. CAVEAT: your
    older software may not be compatible with it. Just throwing some ideas at
    you, Chris H. what do you think?

    Sir André, Mar 14, 2008
  4. Daniel Leger

    Sinner Guest

    Check eBay and newegg.com for OEM packages of Windows XP Tablet Edition
    2005. You'll only be able to put it on that one machine, but it's a
    possible solution to your problem.

    Sinner, Aug 8, 2008