    Dave Guest

    Anyone know if these two will work together at the same time, or does one
    disable the other?

    Dave, Mar 14, 2005

  2. Dave

    Ed Guest

    Cool n Quite doesn't control fan speed, it changes the CPU voltage and
    CPU MHz (cpu multiplier) on the fly. AMD stock fans have a thermal
    sensor which controls fan speed from 3K to 6K RPM. Some users that
    enable Q-Fan on Asus boards have reported the CPU fan will completely
    stop when CPU is not under heavy work loads.

    Ed

    Ed, Mar 14, 2005

  3. Dave

    Oliver Glahe Guest

    No problem to run C'n'Q and Q-Fan at the same time.

    C'n'Q lowers the CPU VCore & MHz
    Q-Fan lowers the CPU fan speed

    Worked fine with my 3000+ AMD boxed cooler; it ran at 3000rpm without
    and with 2300rpm with Q-Fan enabled (both idle).
    Q-Fan lowers the fan speed in idle process but will speed up the fan
    if the CPU is under full load.

    Oliver Glahe, Mar 14, 2005
  4. Dave

    Dave Guest

    Thanks for the responses, I was a feeling a little dubious about having both
    of them enabled as the Cool and Quiet technology is new for me. I've used
    Smart fan on my old Asus boards and it worked fine but my new board has both
    and I have C+Q enabled and wasn't sure what would happen if I enabled the
    Smart fan. Once again thanks for the help.

    Dave, Mar 15, 2005