    According to their websites both coolers can be mounted on the motherboard
    but what are people's actual experiences? Do you need to mod the motherboard
    or do they fit perfectly?

    Jack L., Jan 7, 2004

  2. Jack L.

    Al Guest

    Just use the HS/fan that AMD recommends and save yourself money and
    trouble.

    Unless you plan on overclocking to the ultimate limit, fancy HS/fans
    won't buy you anything.

    Al, Jan 8, 2004

  3. Jack L.

    Jack L. Guest

    ... or, if I'm interested in having a silent system. :)

    Jack L., Jan 8, 2004
  4. Jack L.

    Al Guest

    I use the HS/fan that AMD provides and can't hear it. The case fans
    make most of the noise.

    Al, Jan 9, 2004
  5. Jack L.

    Jack L. Guest

    Thank you for your advise.

    Jack L., Jan 10, 2004
  6. Jack L.

    Alec S. Guest

    Or if you live in a hot and/or humid area.

    --
    Alec S.
    alec @ synetech . cjb . net

    om