    fan did you use?

    Thanks,

    George

    ghadley_00, Apr 12, 2005

  2. I am using the artic cooling freezer that I got from 3D Cooler - works great
    and pretty quiet.

    Burton J Brooks, Apr 17, 2005

  3. ghadley_00

    Montana Pete Guest

    I used arctic silver on the CPU and then installed 2 StarTech
    (www.startech.com) PC expansion slot video card cooling fans in 2 open
    slots. One right next to the video card and one up by the CPU on the
    other side of the video card. It really helped. They are super quiet
    and they suck enough hot air out of the case so the CPU fan slows down
    to a whisper.

    Montana Pete, Apr 17, 2005
  4. ghadley_00

    ghadley_00 Guest

    Hi,

    I have a asus p5ad2-e board with an intel p4 3.2 Ghz being cooled by a
    thermalright xp-120 unit with a nexus 120mm real silent case fan
    [D12SL-12]. Since installing this coolling solution my machine is much
    more quiet, however, on start up I get a bios error stating cpu fan
    fail. Once I hit F1 to bypass the error, asus probe 2 shows the cpu fan
    going at ~1028 with temps of CPU around 28 C / 82 F. I have the nexus
    fan connected via the cpu fan [3 pin connector] on the motherboard. the
    fan is mounted to be drawing air away from the motherboard.

    Any suggestions on how this bios error should be remedied? Have I
    connected something incorrectly?

    Thanks,

    George

    ghadley_00, Apr 21, 2005