    this?

    Many thanks,

    Jonathan

    Jonathan Keith, Oct 19, 2004

  2. Jonathan Keith

    Kokoro Guest

    In alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia, Jonathan Keith ordered an army of
    hamsters to type:

    wow there are people in this world with an infinite amount of money? Your
    other name isnt branson is it?

    look at the recommended coolers for the FX-55, they might be quieter than
    you think and not all water cooling solutions are quiet, a lot tend to have
    the same fans on their radiators. Though there are several fanless water
    cooling solutions out there. An advantage of water cooling is that you
    wont need lots of case fans.

    As for the graphics cards, their fans arent really going to be that loud
    anyway.

    If you have that much money then why dont you pay someone to do the
    research and shopping for you?

    Kokoro, Oct 19, 2004

  3. Does the FX55 and nForce4 even exist on the market yet?

    Richard Dower, Oct 19, 2004
  4. Jonathan Keith

    Folk Guest

    " I'm looking forward to building a new PC soon..."

    Folk, Oct 19, 2004
  5. Jonathan Keith

    Chip Guest

    I am looking to build my new PC based on the new FX57 processor. And I will
    have 3 6900 Ultra's SLI'ed together. And I have a 9" penis.

    Actually none of this is true. I live is a pokey little flat and I have a
    486 that will just about do email. But hey, that's usenet for you ;-)

    Hint: don't believe everything you read on usenet!

    Chip

    Chip, Oct 19, 2004
  6. Jonathan Keith

    Guest Guest

    I'm hoping to build a similar system in the coming months. And while you
    can't believe everything you read on usenet, you can safely assume that some
    computer enthusiasts have the money to afford the high end systems. (If not,
    then who is buying them?)

    So if all you can provide is a sarcastic remark sparked by your own
    inadequacies, then please spare us.

    Ken

    Guest, Oct 19, 2004
  7. Jonathan Keith

    Guest Guest

    I'm hoping to build a similar system soon myself so I think I can answer
    your question:

    Doing the research and building the system is half the fun!

    From what I've read so far, your advice sounds about right. Even the stock
    FX-55 cooler isn't too loud and I've heard the same about the 6800 fan.

    Ken

    Guest, Oct 19, 2004
  8. Jonathan Keith

    Chip Guest

    Whereas your comment above is much more worthy? Not.

    Actually I make no judgement about whether Jonathen is or is not going to
    buy / build whatever. Merely the observation that because he *says* he is,
    it means very little. And its really not worthy of any envy for exactly
    that reason. Not that I have any reason to be envious, since I have
    sufficient wealth to buy whatever computer system or components my heart
    desires. Unless that's not true of course ;-)

    Chip

    Chip, Oct 19, 2004
  9. Jonathan Keith

    Guest Guest

    It's nothing personal, it's just that your reply added nothing to the
    conversation.

    I don't think you are envious nor do I doubt that you could afford to build
    such a system yourself. But do you really feel that it needed to be stated
    that you can't believe everything you read on usenet? If so, then I
    apologize. But my guess is you just wanted to be sarcastic and mention your
    genitals.

    It's posts like that that often make the usenet unusable.

    Ken

    Guest, Oct 19, 2004
  10. Jonathan Keith

    Chip Guest

    Sorry if I offended anyone. I really didn't mean to.

    Chip

    Chip, Oct 19, 2004
  11. Well, no offence taken by me!

    FWIW, I've been doing some saving as my current PC is getting somewhat
    long in the tooth (i.e. it's over three months old), and I'm looking
    to build something top-end now that's going to last me two or three
    years as my principal PC.

    I'll retire the current one to my PC boneyard where it can sit with my
    windows 98 box and they can both talk to each other about the good old
    days.

    Nonetheless, I am still after as silent a solution as possible - my
    two existing PCs are both passively cooled, and I've grown to
    appreciate the silence. I'm not averse to "some" noise, but the less
    the better... so, any useful tips or pointers would be much
    appreciated.

    Of course, if there aren't any, banter and mud-slinging would do :eek:)

    Jonathan Keith, Oct 20, 2004