    drive as it's a slimmed down one with floppies as add-ons which I don't
    really want to buy just for this use so I can't do this. How else can I get
    an image of my existing drive over to the new one across the network?

    Guest, Jan 12, 2004

  2. Guest

    Jack T Guest

    Well if its possible and you have a cd burner on some computer on your
    network and some basic software (IE nero or easy cd creator) you can make
    the floppy image on a computer with a drive, then use nero or cd creator to
    take that floppy image and put it on a bootable cd, then when the computer
    boots it will use that image like a floppy, you will not be able to change
    it but you can use it, I use those images for ghost multicast images or
    remade my win98 and ME install CDs with a cdrom original win98 boot disk
    that has cdrom support.

    Jack T, Jan 12, 2004

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    | Well if its possible and you have a cd burner on some computer on your
    | network and some basic software (IE nero or easy cd creator) you can make
    | the floppy image on a computer with a drive, then use nero or cd creator
    | take that floppy image and put it on a bootable cd, then when the computer
    | boots it will use that image like a floppy, you will not be able to change
    | it but you can use it, I use those images for ghost multicast images or
    | remade my win98 and ME install CDs with a cdrom original win98 boot disk
    | that has cdrom support.

    Sorry, no cd rom on the laptop either(!)

    Guest, Jan 13, 2004
  4. Guest

    geffarren Guest

    Serach for the old 2.xx v of FILESYNC
    you will have to map network drives, probably.. maybee not... but it
    works like a charm... shareware, works forever with a mild nag screen
    at startup..

    A WONDERFUL heavy duty copier, compare, cd burn check etc util.. coies
    hidden, system etc too if set visible in explorer..

    Of course this copies file by file, not a drive image
    ..v

    geffarren, Jan 15, 2004