    disk), or into another users drop box (also on system disk).
    Any suggestions?

    Jan.

    Jan E. Schotsman, Feb 18, 2004

  2. One way is to create a bogus user on yuor system whose home directory is
    that disk (e.g. bigdisk). You can make a user and then edit things in
    NetInfo manager to shift the home directory to the extra drive. This user
    can have no login ability, etc. Then, you connect (as yourself) to the
    system, and when the dialog comes up to select the user's space yuo want to
    use, select the bogus user (bigdisk). You will then have access to the
    other drive. By setting permissions appropriately, you can create multiple
    user folders on that drive, each with appropriate permissions for a
    specified user (typically world read, owner rw).

    Marcus Mendenhall

    Marcus Mendenhall, Feb 18, 2004

  3. Are you an admin user on the remote machine? If you are you should (and i
    certainly can) see any mounted volume, be they disks, dvds or disk images.

    Fred

    Frederick Cheung, Feb 19, 2004
  4. Ah, I see.
    No, I made a separate account because my admin password is longer than 8
    characters.
    I'll try giving my test user admin priviliges (I am porting a file copy
    uitility to MAc OS X). Thanks.

    Jan.

    Jan E. Schotsman, Feb 19, 2004