copy RAID 0 from one array to another

Discussion in 'Abit' started by Analysis&Solutions, Jul 23, 2003.

  1. Hi Folks:

    I've read several newsgroup discussions of DriveImage, Ghost and TrueImage
    and have found lots of contradictory information. Perhaps people here can
    help me out of this moras...

    I have an Abit BD7II-RAID. As you probably know, it has an integrated
    Highpoint 372 IDE RAID hard drive controller. The board is running Abit's
    CQ BIOS into which I custom merged the 2.34 version of the Highpoint BIOS.

    I presesntly have two drives on the HPT set up as a RAID 0 array.

    I have two new hard drives I want to use for this purpose instead.

    So, I'd like to put the new drives on the RAID as well, create a second
    RAID 0 array, then do a bit for bit copy from one array to the other.

    While my OS is Windows 2000, I _don't_ want to install drive imaging
    software onto the machine. I just want to boot up a CD or floppy set and
    do the work from there.

    Is this possible somehow, please? If not, what of it is and is not.

    Thanks,

    --Dan

    Analysis&Solutions, Jul 23, 2003

  2. Analysis&Solutions

    TomG Guest

    be a lot faster and easier to just use either Norton Ghost or Drive Image 7.
    Drive Image 7 is slick and has made a convert out of me to use that instead
    of Ghost.

    --

    Thomas Geery
    Network+ certified

    ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
    over 113,000 FTP users served!
    ^^^^^^^

    TomG, Jul 23, 2003

  3. Analysis&Solutions

    JimL Guest

    JimL, Jul 23, 2003
  4. Analysis&Solutions

    JimL Guest

    JimL, Jul 23, 2003
  5. Analysis&Solutions

    TomG Guest

    yeah, I know about the size, I know about the .Net (already had said yes to
    installing .Net previously though...) but so far, I am not experiencing any
    issues with DI7...

    TomG, Jul 23, 2003
  6. Analysis&Solutions

    JimL Guest

    TomG,
    Ahh, but have you done a restore yet?

    Keep in mind, the issues he brought up in item 3) A Thought Experiment
    http://www.langa.com/newsletters/2003/2003-07-14.htm

    Using DI 5.01 & WinXP's Task Scheduler, I image my OS drive every other
    day. WinXP reboots, DI runs, then it reboots to the WinXP log-in
    screen. All automated, with NO chance of any system files being missed,
    mis-written, etc.

    On alternating days I have WinXP run it's backup program, then with a
    batch file from Fred Langa, WinZip runs & compresses the backup file,
    with the date of it as part of the filename.

    JimL, Jul 24, 2003
  7. Analysis&Solutions

    JimL Guest

    Analysis&Solutions,