Core Centre on MSI K8T Neo-FIS2R

Discussion in 'MSI' started by spock, Sep 29, 2004.

  1. spock

    spock Guest

    Hi,

    Just built a system using this board (Bios v 1.8), with a SATA drive, all is
    fine just a few niggles with Core Centre, does everyone else get these
    glitches?

    1. CPU temp sometimes reports from a cold boot as >50 C (obviously wrong)
    and sometimes about 25 C (about right), this is supposed to be cured with
    bios v1.8. The heatsink usually is barely warm when touched.

    2. CPU fan runs at around 3000 rpm (max) until I enable cool'n quiet then
    hit apply, then fan runs at around 2000 rpm, unless it erroneously reports
    around 50C when it will run at around 3000 rpm.

    3. NB (Northbridge?) fan obviously shows as 0 rpm as there isn't one! NB
    temp shows N/A.

    4. The Core Centre control panel keeps popping up, it's easily covered by
    other windows but it not possible to see a clear desktop as it keeps
    popping up, and it looks hideous! A mass of shading, textures, bevelling,
    different fonts etc..

    5. Vcore is shown in red and indicates 1.55 volts on the flip out panel.

    I'd be interested to know if this is normal.

    Thanks, Mike.

    spock, Sep 29, 2004

  2. spock

    bp Guest

    Yep the new BOIS fixes that
    That's what it's suppose to do isn't it ?
    Up date the BOIS and you won't have the erroneous temps
    Maybe we should buy a NB fan LOL
    Just close it and use an icon if you want to open it although mine
    didn't do it wen I have it running (which is only if I want to test
    some OC'ing.)
    Mine is different might want to check your BOIS setting.

    bp, Sep 30, 2004

  3. spock

    spock Guest

    Thanks for reply.
    According to live update I have the latest bios (1.8) and I still get the
    incorrect temperature occasionally.

    What should vcore be?

    Mike

    spock, Oct 1, 2004
  4. spock

    bp Guest

    Hell I don't know ;)
    I only use that thing to stress my system from time to time.
    I don't even have it running 99% of the time.

    My vcore is 1.49v hmm I have two vcore one is 1.49 and the other says
    +0.0%

    LOL my sys temp is -5c though so this whole thing is suspect,

    bp, Oct 1, 2004
  5. spock

    ken Guest

    I am slightly overclocking (5%) and the vcore reading is 1.49 and the
    CPU temp is 35C. I don't know how accurate this is but if I restart and
    go into the BIOS and check the values are usually the same (and if not
    they are very close). Then I continue into Windows and check and the
    values still match up. I only run Core Center when I am curious what
    the values are.

    ken

    ken, Oct 1, 2004