    choices are 66.66/33.33, 72.73/36.36, and 80.00/40.00. Would changing to
    any of these settings help.
    Thanks in advance for your help.

    ftran999, Aug 5, 2004

  2. ftran999

    DaveW Guest

    The timing are right. The DDR (Double Data Rate) memory on that card runs
    with a real clock speed of ~340 MHz, which, because it is Double Data Rate
    RAM, runs at an Effective rate of 680 MHz (double the real rate.)

    DaveW, Aug 6, 2004

  3. ftran999

    Inglo Guest

    Everything's fine you're just wading in a bit of typical hype.
    337 rounds up to 340 which when doubled, as in Double Data Rate Memory
    (DDR), equals 680.
    Core clock is the speed of the GPU, the videocard's processor. Which I
    guess could be referred to as engine clock, though I hadn't noticed that
    before.

    Everywhere you go speeds are made to sound as impressive as possible,
    Intel chips with quad speed refer to their front side bus as being 800
    MHz, pffft it's really only 200.

    Inglo, Aug 6, 2004