Correct Bios Settings -- Advanced Chipset Features -- GA-7N400 PRO2

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by Jack, May 28, 2005.

  1. Jack

    Jack Guest

    System:

    GA-7N400 PRO2
    AMD Athlon XP 3000+ Barton 333MHZ fsb chip
    Two Kingston HyperX 512mb 184pin DDR 333 (pc 2700) Unbuffered memory
    Saphire Radeon 9600 Pro 256mb
    19" Flat Panel
    Soundblaster Audigy2
    160 gb Maxtor Drive
    DVD +R-R
    DVD ROM
    Multi Card Reader -- Internal
    Windows XP-HOME SP2

    I am not sure what my settings should be under the Advanced Chipset Features
    menu.

    Should I have the System Performance Setting set to [Normal]?
    What should the FSB Frequency be set to? 100, 133, 166 or 200

    If I have my motherboard set to Optimized Defaults, will this place my
    system in an Overclocked state?

    What should the AGP Frequency be set to?

    Jack, May 28, 2005

  2. Jack

    jpsga Guest

    Normal is fine for starters.
    Nice rig.

    Make sure the CLK_SW is ON ( auto) and set the CLK_RATIO switches to 6.5X.

    jps

    jpsga, May 28, 2005

  3. Jack

    Jack Guest

    Thanks for the response. Can you tell me why the CLK_RATIO switch should be
    set to 6.5x? I currently have it set to AUTO, all dip switches set to ON.

    Jack, May 28, 2005
  4. Jack

    Jack Guest

    jps, The reason I asked about the 6.5x setting is because the number I
    thougt it should be set to is 13. Obviously 6.5 is 1/2 of 13, so what logic
    am I missing? Will it hurt to leave the CLK_RATIO at AUTO?

    Jack, May 28, 2005
  5. Jack

    jpsga Guest

    Ya got me!!
    My error
    S/B 166 *13=2158
    so set to 13X not 6.5X.

    The 166MHz is set in the 'Advanced Chipset Features'.
    Now that you know how to clear the BIOS, you might try 13.5. A slight over
    clock from the specified 2167MHz.

    AUTO never worked for me, not sure why.

    jps

    jpsga, May 29, 2005
  6. Jack

    Youra nama Guest

    personally i would do 200 fsb with a memory at 83% or 166mHz and a 11x
    multi to start with an psedo-xp3200+
    this should get ya running

    Youra nama, Jul 31, 2005