    I'm on a PowerPC with OS 10.5.8.

    Thanks.

    --- Joe

    Joe, Jun 20, 2012

  2. There's nothing free out there that will edit or change flv files. Most
    programs I've used to convert flv to other formats run only 10.6 Intel
    systems. 'Fraid you kinda outa luck.

    Michael Vilain, Jun 20, 2012

  3. Joe

    Warren Oates Guest

    That's not true. FFmpeg will convert it to something useful.

    Warren Oates, Jun 20, 2012
  4. Joe

    Király Guest

    Handbrake does a fine job of it too.

    Király, Jun 21, 2012
  5. There a few websites that will convert video formats for free (it's
    anyone's guess what the website will do with a your video, so bimbos like
    Paris Hilton should NOT use them for converting certain "personal"
    videos).

    Helpful Harry :eek:)

    Helpful Harry, Jun 21, 2012
  6. Will FFmpeg or Handbrake run on 10.5 PPC? Last I checked, I skipped
    these programs on my G4 because I had to do a lot of futzing around with
    PPC libraries.

    The Handbrake download page specifically says they don't support 10.5 or
    PPC. The MacUpdate page says it only supports MP4 and MKV formats. I
    don't recall every trying to use it for FLV. I have Aiseesoft's Video
    Converter for FLV ($36, intel only).

    FFmpeg is a command-line binary you have to download and build yourself
    separately. iFFmpeg is the GUI which is $10 and runs on 10.5 PPC.

    http://ffmpeg.org/
    http://www.iffmpeg.com/

    The 'free', 'PPC' and '10.5' constraints are the show stoppers here.

    Michael Vilain, Jun 21, 2012
  7. Joe

    Warren Oates Guest

    http://www.ffmpegx.com/

    Promises support for 10.3 through Lion.

    Ffmpeg for the command-line is a very powerful tool, and it certainly
    runs on older versions of OS X.

    Warren Oates, Jun 21, 2012
  8. Joe

    Lewis Guest