Corrupted, blinking graphics with Enemy Territory

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Kev, Jul 2, 2004.

  1. Kev

    Kev Guest

    Vid card: Radeon(7500) All In Wonder VE

    My graphics in ET have become so corrupted it's almost impossible to
    play without winding up with some possible eye damage 8O

    I'm seeing blinking triangles, squares and other odd shapes blinking
    rapidly.

    i've purged my catalyst graphics, reinstalled the latest. did not help.

    I've reinstalled the game. did not help.

    Here's a screen cap of what i see.

    http://tinyurl.com/3bejw

    But it's much worse than this. This is just a still frame shot with the
    game in a window. Just imagine 50% of it blinking.

    What to try if it's not the video driver or the game?

    Oh and in case you were wondering it was working fine a month ago.

    Kev, Jul 2, 2004

  2. Kev

    Andrew Guest

    Have you checked if your video card fan is running smoothly? It sounds
    like it could be overheating. Do other games work okay?

    Andrew, Jul 2, 2004

  3. Kev

    Kev Guest

    Is no fan on the AIW VE.

    No other games available.

    Kev, Jul 2, 2004

  4. I had to install a fan on my 7500 as it got too hot to touch after a few
    minutes in a game. It then crashed to the desktop. Supergluing a cpu
    fan to the heatsink solved the problem.

    Michael W. Ryder, Jul 2, 2004
  5. Kev

    Sleepy Guest

    sounds like a heat problem to me too - simple to test -
    just open the case and all temps will drop about 10 degrees and if that
    helps then use a fan like the other guy says.

    Sleepy, Jul 2, 2004
  6. Kev

    Sleepy Guest

    incidentally flickering textures is more an indication of memory than GPU -
    I'd bracket mount a 80mm case fan
    blowing air down onto the card - it'll cool the lot, GPU and RAM.

    Sleepy, Jul 2, 2004
  7. Kev

    Kev Guest

    Well sounds like something to try. Strange how it's acting up only
    recently. Not much of a heatsink to strap a fan onto it.

    Kev, Jul 3, 2004