    Anybody know whats going on ?

    TIA
    Remove ZZZ from my email address to reply

    CT, Jan 17, 2004

  2. CT

    ICee Guest

    Maybe you should upgrade to version 1.20a

    ICee, Jan 17, 2004

  3. CT

    Skid Guest

    More than likely both CPU-Z and the bios were coded before XMS4000 existed.
    Could also be that Corsair used different info in the SPD than the ram is
    capable of for increased compatibility.

    Either way, it only matters how fast it will run, not how it IDs.

    For example, my Buffalo Tech PC3700 is identified at Melco PC2700 in CPU-Z,
    and the SPD sets the timings at 2.5,3,3,7. But that doesn't stop it from
    running at DDR440, 2,3,2,6.

    Skid, Jan 17, 2004
  4. CT

    CT Guest

    You must be right as CPU-Z 20a still thinks its PC3700 ram and I
    believe I have the latest MB bios. Oh well, have to wait and see for
    more updates then.

    Thanks guys !

    Remove ZZZ from my email address to reply

    CT, Jan 18, 2004