    XMS4000 memory with it?
    Thanks...
    Rich

    Rich, PLS, Jan 20, 2004

  2. Rich, PLS

    dale Guest

    STEVE SAYS:

    " 445MHz. Don't be in the least bit concerned about latencies, it's only
    bandwidth that matters. Read this if you won't just take my word for it :)

    http://www.gamepc.com/labs/view_content.asp?id=ddr400myths&page=1

    Steve

    **********

    I am still tweaking this board... see my posts in
    alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte

    I agree with Steve. Put you $$ toward good quality DDR-400, the CPU, a good
    cooler, P-Supply, and perhaps one good 10,000 RPM SATA drive... unless you
    really have doe to pass around... and then go for the ULTRA version and some
    SCSI's

    dale

    dale, Jan 20, 2004

  3. Rich, PLS

    Mike Guest

    Yes, the downside is that you will pay much more money for them and the
    difference in real life work on your box will be so negligble that unless
    you will be running benchmarking utilities all day, you will never notice
    the difference between the 500 to any other 400...and that what most
    overclockers don't get...

    Mike, Jan 23, 2004
  4. Rich, PLS

    Dumdedo Guest

    2 Sites have posted reviews of a range of DDR Rams to see if the Ultra fast
    ones are worth it, the results were No and also matched Dual channel ones as
    well.

    Toms was one of the sites that did these tests..

    So buying 2.2.2.2 Rams does not give you any real improvements in Apps or
    Games, a big waste of money it seems, for the little gains that you get..

    So save heaps and buy Kingmax..

    Dumdedo, Jan 23, 2004
  5. Rich, PLS

    Boudewijn Guest

    Hello,
    Well spoken!
    I've always wondered why anybody would want to overclock his or her system!
    Spending ££££ on (water)cooling, excessively expensive memory etc etc. just
    to get a few more Mhz. Pathetic!
    What about price/performance ratio, all you overclockers?
    I am happily running along on stock speed (8KNXP, Intel 3.0Ghz, DDR400). My
    system is cool, extremely quiet! (can't hear it while running) and 100%
    reliable. Why anybody would want to change that for a potentially
    overheating, noisy and at best suspect system is beyond me.
    Succes to all of you.
    Regards, Boudewijn

    Boudewijn, Jan 23, 2004
  6. Rich, PLS

    Peltio Guest

    Once upon a time there were a journalist and a mountain climber.
    The journalist asked the climber: "Why do you want to climb Mt. Everest?"
    To that the climber replied: "Because it's there".

    cheers,
    Peltio
    : ]

    Peltio, Jan 23, 2004
  7. I also have the revision 2 board and I'm about to buy memory for it. I was
    going to go for the Corsair TWINX1024-3200C2 1GB Pack. Is this a good choice
    or is there something better you would recommend.

    Thanks

    Colin J Paterson, Jan 24, 2004
  8. Rich, PLS

    Mike Guest

    I am working on 8KNXP REV 2.0 with Samsung DDR400-3200 (2x512mb) and very
    very happy with it.
    I wouldn't recommend paying so much money for any memory just to get the
    same performance (or maybe slightly better, but as said - very negligble
    difference).
    Go for Samsung if available, and you will thank me for saving your $$$.
    Mike

    Mike, Jan 26, 2004