corsair xms problem, with 400 pro2.

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by Dazzyp150, Oct 22, 2006.

  1. Dazzyp150

    Dazzyp150

    Im posting here because i really hope someone can help me get my system finally running with the 2b of ram that i would like.

    ok, the current board and ram:

    gigabyte GA-7N400 pro2 (rev 2.0)
    2x512mb crucial sticks, in dimm 1+3 running in dual channel mode.

    now, these are the modules i have purchased:

    2x512mb corsair twin x pro 3200 C2. (the ones with the fancy lights)

    i checked the official crucial site, and it states these are compatible with my motherboard. So the first step i took was to replace the new ram into the exact configuration of my old ram, just to make sure they work. They didnt. All i get is a series of long beeps and pauses, which according to the manual is a Ram issue.
    So next i browse the net and look around for info as to why my system wont boot with these in. A couple of sites suggest to flash the bios to update it. So ie now actually flashed it a couple of times, and am currently running BIOS version FF. Still no luck, the tell-tale beeps and pauses remain.

    So this leads me to here to ask you kind people for some advice. My ultimate goal originally, was to have all 4 sticks in my system, and be running a sweet 2gb or ram. but at the moment i cant even get them to run as a standard pair. I just cant understand what the problem is, the ram is the right type for the board, and hae been tested in a friends on a different board, and they work fine.

    any help, advice, or suggestions would really be appreciated, i seriously doubt i will be able to return these sticks to where i got them from, and they werent cheap. :(

    Dazzyp150, Oct 22, 2006