    a 707 ? ;) :))

    Bye,
    Skybuck =D

    Skybuck Flying, Apr 12, 2010

  2. Totally funny, looks like a lot of fun making these kinds of video's:

    Makes me want one even more ! LOL.

    Bye,
    Skybuck =D

    Skybuck Flying, Apr 12, 2010

  3. Wow this guy is actually filming the sun with his brand new panasonic TM 700
    ?!?:

    Yeah that's what the time lapse feature could cause... ;)

    Makes my question more urgent ! ;) :)

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Apr 12, 2010
  4. Hmm panasonic website mentions no 707, though some german shop seems to sell
    something like that ?

    The panasonic website also doesn't have a manual online for the 700 a bit of
    a bummer... and no real warranty information...

    Pixmania has it in store and offers 2 year warranty... plus extended
    warranty possible.

    There is a technical specification available... it mentions no flash card
    included ?

    Using the internal flash card sounds a bit dangerous to me... the internal
    flash card could fall after many writes ?

    I would like to use an external just in case ;)

    Remaining question is what flash cards to buy ? ;)

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Apr 12, 2010
  5. Also there could be a difference between usa and europe version... I saw
    that mentioned somewhere...

    It seems USA version would use 60 fps and the Europe version would use 50
    fps which would be odd ?!?

    My monitor is 60 hz as far as I know... why would I want a 50 fps camcorder
    ?!??!?!? Weird...

    The spec mentions 60p.

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Apr 12, 2010
  6. Hmm... pixmania seems to be having issue with supplieing large enough flash
    cards...

    http://www.pixmania.nl/nl/nl/4885173/art/panasonic/hdc-sd700-camcorder.html

    Whatever link I click it shows 4 GB flash cards which is fucking nothing.

    Even 32 GB is very low space.

    I would prefer 2x1 TB flash cards so I don't have to worry about storage
    space and can record multiple "movies" without even haveing to remove
    anything for a while...
    that's nice... extra storage space always welcome...

    Maybe those 1 TB flash cards not compatible or two expensive ? hmm...

    Maybe extra battery would be handy to... to immediatly be able to swap and
    continue... I do not know how to load the battery... since no manual is
    available... this is a bit worrieing ;) :)

    I must make sure before hand that I will be statisfied and everything taken
    care of ;) :)

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Apr 12, 2010
  7. Pixmania does sell the panasonic camcorders but not it's flash cards...
    kinda bummer but assuming other cards compatible then maybe these will work:

    http://www.pixmania.nl/nl/nl/r/panasonic-32-gb-flash

    They quite expensive too... 200+ euro bucks.

    But the money I am saving by getting the panasonic can be spent on an
    external 32 gb flash card.

    Or maybe 2x 16 GB cards to spread the risk of damaging one a little bit.

    Or maybe even 4x 8 GB cards to spread the risk even further... but then
    recording might get shitty.

    Though 8 GB should be enough for roughly 3 hours of full HD.

    The battery life is roughly half that... so even with second battery... I
    could then fully write it in roughly one go.

    So maybe just two 8 GB cards necessary to save some money.

    One for main use... one for backup ;)

    Now I wonder if an extra battery can be purchased ;)

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Apr 12, 2010
  8. Hmm that seems to be a different model... a cheaper one...

    It's the SD 700...

    The model I read a review about... was a bit more expensive... the TM 700...

    Gotta watch out for that ! ;) :)

    Bye,
    Skybuck =D

    Skybuck Flying, Apr 12, 2010
  9. Though now I am getting second doubts... these panasonic 70x optical zoom
    camera's seem kinda sexy too ! ;) =D

    Hmmmmm... :)

    And they much much cheaper... hmmm...

    Bye,
    Skybuck ;) :)

    Skybuck Flying, Apr 12, 2010
  10. Hmmm.. I have seen these camera's in the store on a plasma monitor which was
    kinda crappy... the youtube video's also show kinda crappy video quality...

    I wasn't too impressed with it when I was in the store... the video quality
    not high enough...

    Also the "flagship" model of panasonic does have pretty good zoom
    capabilities... combined with the higher resolution it's ok... but probably
    not as good of a zoom
    as 70x... but 70x's is a bit pervy ;) :)

    If one shows up with a camera with capital letters 70x printed on it... what
    would the family think ?! "Oh my god you some kind of perv !"
    :):):):):):):):)

    Better hide such details ;) :)

    If I really want to go "perv mode" or "ufo mode" I could purchase a seperate
    one now or in the future if they ever get better ;) :)

    Even if a cross-over neighbour would be flashing titties... viewing it in
    low resolution is not much fun... though kinda juicy though ;) =D

    Could get me in trouble too LOL.

    I gotta ask myself one big question:

    "Do I wanna be a perv ?"

    or

    "Do I wanna be an artist ?" ;) :)

    The perv concept is having a strong pull on me ! LOL.

    But for my situation I think the high resolution flagship model would
    statisfy my perv needs as well... the street not that fair away... and the
    cross-over neighbours not that far away...

    So I am kinda stick with the flagship model/concept for my perv needs for
    now ! ;) :)

    Bye,
    Skybuck ;) =D

    Skybuck Flying, Apr 12, 2010
  11. If you wanna by a "perv" mode camera... (70x zoom) then now is probably the
    time to do so... I thought about it a little bit... and I can see these
    camera's and this technology getting banned for "privacy reasons". ;)

    For now I think "politics" has not catched up to this technology
    situation... and maybe not enough cases of "mis-use" and "abuse"... but that
    might change after some scandals or so ;) =D

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Apr 12, 2010

  12. Wow... I wonder how it would be like using one of those 70x camera's from an
    airplane and then filming the ground ?! ;) :)

    Maybe somebody has already done it... me go search youtube ;) :)

    Bye,
    Skybuck ;) :)

    Skybuck Flying, Apr 12, 2010
  13. Skybuck Flying

    Sjouke Burry Guest

    I burned out a forward looking camera in an instrumented tourist bus.
    The bus stopped at a traffic jam, with the sun just at the horizon,
    and a black trace was burned right across the field of view.
    The camera was still operational, but with an ugly smear across the
    field.

    Sjouke Burry, Apr 12, 2010
  14. Skybuck Flying

    Crash Lander Guest

    It'd have less chance than a lightening flash.
    Crash Lander

    Crash Lander, Apr 13, 2010
  15. Skybuck Flying

    Sylvia Else Guest

    On theoretical grounds, by considering the energy that a magnifying
    glass can capture from a lightening flash, which is bright, but brief.

    Sylvia.

    Sylvia Else, Apr 13, 2010
  16. Skybuck Flying

    Greegor Guest

    Have you got ADHD Skybuck?

    Greegor, Apr 13, 2010
  17. "
    Have you got ADHD Skybuck?
    "

    LOL, Just because I am very active on usenet doesn't mean I have ADHD ! =D

    Bye,
    skybuck ;) =D

    Skybuck Flying, Apr 13, 2010
  18. Skybuck Flying

    JosephKK Guest

    No 'e has "Troll With Insane Thoughtless Shit Excess Syndrome" (TWISTED).

    JosephKK, Apr 14, 2010
  19. If I do buy the panasonic tm 700 high resolution camera I think I will also
    buy the 70x zoom camera... just to have fun with it too ! ;) :)

    I still need to figure out what flash chips to buy... that's the hardest
    part ?! ;) :)

    And I am still not sure about the fan thingy... but I guess buy buying
    another one without a fan at least I will have one decent noiseless-camera
    ?! ;)

    Also I need to check out if there is already software available for
    manipulating the high-res video's or if there are specs available to maybe
    even develop my own.

    If I remember correctly the panasonic has a down scale option to
    automatically convert the high-res to low res...

    Good thing I think about this... this means the flash cards might have to be
    double as big/extra big to be able to do that on the flash card itself ! ;)
    :)

    Bye,
    Skybuck =D

    Skybuck Flying, Apr 18, 2010