    If also it can be used on my iPad through the camera adapter, using the
    software "Auria", much better, but it is not necessary.

    Thanks a lot again!!!

    Juan I. Cahis, Jan 13, 2014

  2. Juan I. Cahis

    J Burns Guest

    For six years, I used a Griffin iMic for input and output with my G4
    Mini. It has a sensitivity switch for input levels, between line level
    and mic level.

    The iMic matched the electrical characteristics of my Shure cartridge
    pretty well. I used Audacity for RIAA deemphasis.

    It doesn't have a digital input.

    J Burns, Jan 13, 2014

  3. Juan I. Cahis

    Bread Guest

    If you need a microphone-only input, there are third-party splitters
    which adapt the combination port on those into separate headphone and
    microphone ports.

    Here's one example, from Amazon. I'm sure there are others. I haven't
    used any of these.

    <http://www.amazon.com/Pinnacle--Headphone-Microphone-Splitter-Adapter/dp/B00ENSA74O>

    Bread, Jan 13, 2014
  4. Juan I. Cahis

    Alan Browne Guest

    Doesn't seem to sample an inbound analog, however, which is what the OP
    needs. (Me too).

    Alan Browne, Jan 13, 2014
  5. BUT he want Audio INPUT. To connect a stereo mic or some other source.
    I still have my iMic

    https://store.griffintechnology.com/imic

    Michael Vilain, Jan 13, 2014
  6. Juan I. Cahis

    Alan Browne Guest

    [Repost - orig @ 17:47 (-05:00) seems lost ... ]

    Haven't bought one yet ... here are a few quick finds (try Googling too).

    a couple ...

    http://www.zzounds.com/item--ALELINELINK

    This one has a phone level input (eg: has a pre-amp in it).
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/639303-REG/Numark_STEREO|IO_Stereo_iO_USB.html

    Alan Browne, Jan 13, 2014
  7. Dear Jolly & friends:

    Yes, but it seems that the "In" port is mono only, as it is in the same
    headphone port in the iPad.

    Juan I. Cahis, Jan 14, 2014
  8. That seems odd.

    You do realize you're not getting much fidelity with this process. If
    they are released tracks that you value and listen to a lot, you can
    probably get 256kbps mp4 files from the iTunes store.

    Good luck!

    John McWilliams, Jan 15, 2014