    Tried to hook up old monitor to replace crt on a Dell but it won't work.
    Machine belongs to consulting client and I don't have admin rights.
    Do I need them to help? They are not local.

    Frank, Dec 26, 2010

  2. Frank

    BillW50 Guest

    In Frank typed on Sun, 26 Dec 2010 12:05:48 -0500:
    Hi Frank. So what is the native resolution of this monitor supposed to
    be? 1280x1024 (4:3), 1440x900 (16:9), or what? If you don't know, go
    here to see what it is set too right now.

    http://www.whatismyscreenresolution.com/

    Sounds like you are not using the right screen resolution and thus it
    will be too long or short in one direction depending on the setting.

    BillW50, Dec 26, 2010

  3. Frank

    Frank Guest

    It's 1600 X 1200. Not sure how son set it and he's not around.
    Frank

    Frank, Dec 26, 2010
  4. Frank

    Frank Guest

    Took it to slightly higher resolution and that did it.
    Thanks for putting me on the right path.

    Frank

    Frank, Dec 26, 2010
  5. Frank

    BillW50 Guest

    In Frank typed on Sun, 26 Dec 2010 13:12:58 -0500:
    You are quite welcome Frank, and Happy New Year!

    BillW50, Dec 26, 2010
  6. Frank

    Frank Guest

    Thanks again and a Happy New Year to you.
    Frank

    Frank, Dec 26, 2010