CPU adaptors

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by Darwin, Sep 5, 2003.

  1. Darwin

    Darwin Guest

    Hello,

    I have been advised that the m/b in my laptop (Presario 17xl262) will
    support up a to 1.13Ghz and 133mhz FSB cpu. However, as the current slot is
    for a mPGA2 chip my options are more limited. I am wondering in the first
    instance if there is a 3rd party adaptor available (recognising up front
    that I can't figure out where it would fit! - Compaq suggested it so...) and
    in the second if the increase to 133mhz FSB will make a huge difference? I
    ask these questions because there is a wealth of 1.13 gig chips out there
    and a dearth of 1.0 gig/100mhz FSB chips. I imagine that the cost of
    upgrading the RAM to 133mhz combined with the cost of the chip and the
    adaptor (if available/possible) will be prohibitive.

    My googling has been fruitless...

    Any input appreciated.

    Thank you,

    Mike