CPU Clock Speed & Processor Speed Question

Discussion in 'MSI' started by John Latter, Jul 23, 2005.

  1. John Latter

    John Latter Guest

    Hi,

    I have a AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2000+ whose clock speed is 1.665Ghz. A
    program called "Sandra" says that my motherboard will support a faster
    CPU.

    My mob is a MS-6382 & the manual says "support 600Mhz up to 1.5GHz
    Processor"

    Doesn't the existing 1.665Ghz clock speed already exceed the mobo
    spec?

    --

    John Latter

    Model of an Internal Evolutionary Mechanism (based on an extension to homeostasis) linking Stationary-Phase Mutations to the Baldwin Effect.
    http://members.aol.com/jorolat/TEM.html

    'Where Darwin meets Lamarck?' Discussion Egroup

    John Latter, Jul 23, 2005

  2. John Latter

    Wes Newell Guest

    Even the first socket A boards would support CPU's over 2400MHz. See link
    below.

    Wes Newell, Jul 23, 2005

  3. John Latter

    uclown Guest

    I used to have this board and I successfully installed an Athlon XP
    2400+. The bios did not recognise it properly as "unknown cpu 2000
    Mhz" was displayed at POST. I was unable to update the BIOS as it is
    an OEM board but it worked fine.

    John Latter, Jul 31, 2005
  5. John Latter

    John Latter Guest

    John Latter, Jul 31, 2005
  6. John Latter

    dawg Guest

    Sandra can be wrong occasionally.

    homeostasis) linking Stationary-Phase Mutations to the Baldwin Effect.

    dawg, Oct 17, 2005