    I thought there was a problem with the fan. So today, I installed a
    Zalman CNPS7700-Cu CPU Cooler and the same problem occurs.

    What should I do?

    jkjorgensen, Jun 1, 2005

  2. jkjorgensen

    jkjorgensen Guest

    I found that disabling the CPU Smart FAN Control resolved the issue.

    Is it normal for this to happen?

    jkjorgensen, Jun 1, 2005

  3. jkjorgensen

    DevilsPGD Guest

    In message <>
    I've been seeing the same since I replaced my CPU fan with a 12cm fan.
    The fan spins up again a few moments later though.

    Turning off smart fan control did the trick here too -- I simply turned
    off the option since I use CPUSpeed once the system finishes booting.

    DevilsPGD, Jun 2, 2005
  4. jkjorgensen

    Rick M. Guest

    Sounds like you have "CPU Smart Fan Control" and "CPU FAN Fail Warning"
    enabled simultaneously in BIOS. If you are using a Zalman cooler,
    disable the "CPU Smart Fan Control" under the "PC Health" section of the
    BIOS. You can't use both at the same time, that's all. Since the
    Zalman is pretty quiet, even at full speed (the northbridge fan is
    actually *louder*), I'd say you probably don't need the the smart fan
    feature since you can use the pot included with the Zalman to make it
    really quiet.

    -Rick

    Rick M., Jun 2, 2005