    that one doesn't impact the other?

    TIA...

    AI

    anthonyi, Aug 22, 2003

  2. anthonyi

    JK Guest

    On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 12:01:09 +0000 (UTC), "anthonyi"
    <> wrote:

    >Does anybody have a Thermalright SLK-900U CPU cooler and a Zalman ZM-NB32J
    >nbridge cooler fitted to a rev 2.0 NF7-S? Is there any modification required
    >to have these two coolers in place or are there sufficient clearances such
    >that one doesn't impact the other?

    The NB47-J is a newer version of the chipset cooler. It comes with
    some advanced small parts, so that mounting should be no problem. I
    have heard that it works fine on NF7.

    I use the socketA version of zalman 7000cu on my abit nf7. It was
    necessary though for me to cut a part of the rail screwed on the 2
    bridges, because the rail would else hit some capacitors. The 2
    bridges or standpoints are mounted in the 4 holes around the socket.

    I use this cooler with a barton 2500+, at 11x190, at standard voltage.
    I have also the NB47 on stock, but have not mounted it yet. It _is_
    necessary to take the motherboard out of the cabinet to dismount the
    actice fan, and mount the passive, and also the cpu fan mounting took
    some time !

    best regards

    John

    JK, Aug 22, 2003