CPU is unworkable or has been changed, please recheck CPU soft menu.

Discussion in 'Overclocking' started by kilowatt, Dec 26, 2005.

  1. kilowatt

    kilowatt Guest

    My chip is a P4 2.0 GHz and the cmos reports that after I press f1. My
    mobo is a TH7ii RAID.

    My memory is Samsung MR16R1628AF0-CK8 256x4.

    When I enter the bios by pressing del the info on my chip is greyed out
    (although it looks correct)

    and the setting for my cpu is 800(100)

    I just reset the CMOS and replaced the battery. I still get this
    error.

    I have read that there is a setting in the cmos "Speed Error Hold"
    needs to be disabled. This

    option in my cmos is disabled and greyed.

    I have also read that I need to put the correct speed settings. They
    are set at 800(100). Is this

    the correct setting for a P4 2.0 Ghz chip?

    kilowatt, Dec 26, 2005

  2. kilowatt

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Try 400.